Top 10 Drinks That Help You Lose Weight
It's not just what you eat to lose weight - you also have to watch what you drink! Here are the top 10 drinks that help you lose weight:
1. Vegetable Juice: Vegetable juices are full of fiber, which in turn, make you feel full and help you eat less. They also have fewer calories than other drinks. However, to derive the maximum benefit, make your own glass of vegetable juice at home instead of depending on the packaged variety.
2. Fruit Juice: Fruit juices are filled with vitamins and nutrients. Those with more pulp contain more fiber, which in turn, keeps you feeling fuller longer. However, ensure that there is no added sugar in the fruit juices; sugar will just increase your calorie intake and make all your efforts futile. In this case too, prefer freshly made juices instead of store-bought or restaurant varieties.
3. Fruit Smoothies: If a heavier and tastier version of fruit juice is what you are looking for, fruit smoothies are a great option for you. Just blend together some of your favorite fruits with a tad bit of skimmed milk and enjoy the delicious drink. Do not add sugar, whipped cream, honey or other sweeteners to the fruit smoothies to avoid extra calories.
4. Green Tea: Green tea is another effective drink for losing weight. When consumed on a daily basis, it boosts your metabolism thereby speeding up your body’s fat-burning mechanism. This tea also contains healthy antioxidants, which are really good for our health.
5. Black Coffee: If you are not a tea person, then you can also go for black coffee. Black coffee is again rich in antioxidants, which not only boost your mood, improve concentration but also reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer. Black coffee also has no calories (unless you add sugar or cream).
6. Milk: Too much milk contains loads of calories. But, three to four small servings of milk everyday is an effective way of losing weight as well. The calcium present in this moderate amount of low-fat or skim milk breaks the fat cells of our body down, thereby helping in weight reduction.
7. Whey Protein: Whey protein controls your appetite by suppressing hormones that curb your cravings. Hence, whey protein is an effectual drink to lose weight as well.
8. Fiber Drinks: Numerous fiber drinks available in the market today also act as great weight loss drinks. Since our body cannot digest fibers, consuming fiber drinks makes us take in very little or no calories apart from meals.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is one of the best “old school” health drinks to lose weight. Apple cider vinegar is believed to boost your metabolism, thereby, helping you reduce weight.
10. Ice Cold Water: Last but not the least, ice cold water is the easiest, cheapest and most convenient drink to lose weight. Studies have proved that drinking two glasses of ice water every day boosts your metabolism by 30 percent (which equates to about 5 pounds of fat per year). No calories and no fuss, this is probably the best home-made drink to lose weight.
Thus, dump those café mochas, sweetened soft drinks and cocktails. Switch to these top 10 drinks that help you lose weight and limit your calorie intake. The results will be in front of you in just a couple of months.