Top 10 Fat Burning Foods
This summer could be the best time for you to get rid of that beer belly and back fat. Maybe you've been promising yourself that you'll lose that extra fats and all you need is a little friendly nudge, which we provide in the following lines.
And don’t worry, we will not tell you to start sucking on ice chips or anything like that because, after all, you are human and more importantly, there is no need for you to starve yourself in order to lose fat. It is official now that choosing healthy foods and eatng fewer calories than you can burn is the real secret to healthy weight loss. Since summer time is the best to lose weight, as we can eat less during summer and sweat more while exercising, we bring you an additional tip, in the form of these fat-burning foods, to help you attack those extra chins and those love-handles.
1) Salads: A quick and healthy way to stay fit is to eat Salads. An added bonus is that these are ready in almost a jiffy. You can add whatever you want , like greens, fruits, vegetables, grilled chicken or fish, low-fat cheese and top it all with a low-fat dressing or just lemon juice, if not anything else. Now, where else would you get such easy, healthy food?
2) Grilled Chicken: You can never go wrong with grilled chicken if you are seriously trying to lose weight. Grilled chicken is not only high in protein but is also low in fat, which keeps your blood sugar levels intact, helps you add some muscle and also keeps your hunger under check. There are zillions of recipes that can be made using grilled chicken so that you can involve more of it in your daily diet.
3) Grilled Veggies: For those among you who are vegetarians and even those who are not, grilled veggies is another healthy option to fight and kill body fat. A plate of grilled vegetables works as the best summertime food. Grilled vegetables come packed with vitamins and antioxidants, which both help in losing weight. So, instead of the salty, greasy, fatty options, go for bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant etc and grill them.
4) Beans: There are a whole lot of bean varieties to choose from, so you're sure to find something you like. Besides being a great source of protein, beans also provide you with other essential ingredients like fiber and iron, which are instrumental in maintenance of good health. Besides, the beans also have digestive benefits.
5) Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a delicious way to lose weight as found in a 2004 study conducted at the Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, California. The researchers found that eating just half a grapefruit before a meal could boost a person’s metabolic rate considerably. Therefore, start including grapefruit in your daily diet and the best way to do that is to include it in your breakfast. The added advantage of a grapefruit is that it contains cancer-fighting compounds, which will keep you safe from the deadly disease.
6) Watermelon: Everyone loves a slice or two of watermelon during the scorching summer season. What makes it one of the best fat-burning food is the fact that most of watermelon is water content, so you can go ahead and eat it to your heart’s content without feeling guilty. Just cube out a bowl of watermelon, add a dash of lemon and savor it, it is sure to be awesome.
7) Green Tea: A rich source of antioxidants, the green tea promotes good health through better digestion and regulated blood sugar levels. It also increases the body’s metabolic rate while enhancing fat burn. Although, the green tea may take some time before you can develop a taste for it, once you do, it becomes a very significant part of your daily diet.
8) Sardines: These tiny fish are loaded with protein and are also a great source of omega-3, which means eating sardines will boost your cardiovascular system while keeping your brain happy by enhancing serotonin levels in your body. Very cheap, easy to purchase and easy to digest, sardines are also free from the usual contaminants found in the fishes.
9) Egg Whites: Now, we are sure you have heard it already that egg whites are a great way to get your daily fix of protein without piling on any extra calories. Besides, you can build some muscle while on an egg white-diet.
10) Low Calorie Drinks: Supporting your healthy eating habits with healthy drinking habits makes for the best weight-loss regime. So, next time you feel thirsty, go for a low-calorie sports drink instead of the Starbuck’s coffee or soda.
(Photos: www.cash-sense.com, www.mccormick.com, thequintessential.files.wordpress.com)