Is It Safe To Eat Mascarpone During Pregnancy?
Consumption of cheese during pregnancy is associated with a lot of myths and facts. Some cheeses are considered safe while others are not. But how about the safety of mascarpones, the Italian soft cheese during pregnancy? Listeriosis is a disease caused by eating cheeses infected with listeria (a bacteria). Are mascarpone cheeses susceptible to such infections too? To find the answers scroll down this blog and decide for yourself.
Health Benefits Of Mascarpone Consumption In Pregnancy:
- They are a dense source of high quality protein and thereby help in bone and tissue development of the fetus.
- Calcium and phosphorous content of cream cheeses can be trusted highly in preventing decalcification of expecting mom’s bones.
- They have considerable amount of vitamin A, which would aid in proper vision of your babies’ in their later ages.
- It is a good source of vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant and boosts immunity during pregnancy.
- Vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, vitamin A, zinc and riboflavin aid in overall optimal development of the fetus.
- These cheeses are less susceptible to listeria infection so there is no chance of listeriosis in pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Mascarpone Consumption When Pregnant:
- Mascarpone cheeses are very great sources of fat and may cause possible damage to your health during pregnancy by adding on weight and causing related problems.
- This fat content may even cause cardiovascular diseases, gestational diabetes and joint pains in pregnant women.
- Some expectant mothers may become sensitive to cream cheese consumption and may even get affected by irritable bowel syndrome.
Enjoy mascarpone cheeses during pregnancy after having a word with your gynecologist in order to avoid unnecessary complication during this critical period.
Image Credit: frostingforthecause.com