Is It Safe To Eat Guava During Pregnancy?
Ranging from light green to yellow color, guavas, the super fruits are well-known for their nutritional and health benefits. But to find a place in pregnant women's diet, guavas need to be a safer fruit too. Scroll down this blog to know the nutritional and health benefits of guava and decide whether the consumption of guavas during pregnancy is safe or not.
Health Benefits Of Guava Consumption During Pregnancy:
- Guavas are capable of keeping the blood sugars under control and so they prevent gestational diabetes in expecting moms.
- If you are aiming at keeping your blood pressure under control when pregnant, choose guavas.
- Being a rich source vitamin C it aids in combating infections and thus improving immunity in moms-to-be. It also helps to maintain good oral health, prevents bleeding gums, ulcers, tooth aches etc during pregnancy.
- The iron content of guavas aid in alleviating anemia during pregnancy.
- Guava tones and disinfects the digestive system and thereby prevents digestion related issues in this critical period.
- Magnesium present in guava helps to relax the nerves and muscles, which would be highly beneficial in pregnant women.
- Guavas contain Vitamin E, Vitamin C, carotenoids, isoflavanoids, polyphenols that are excellent anti-oxidants, which combat free radicals and prevent infections during pregnancy.
- The high fiber content especially when consumed with the seeds offer a solution to constipation and hemorrhoids, which are the most predominant troubles during pregnancy.
- Folic acid content of guavas helps in preventing neural tube defects in the new-borns.
Health Issues Caused By Guava Consumption During Pregnancy:
- Over-eating guava may cause diarrhea during pregnancy since they have great fiber content.
- Unripe/half-ripe guavas may cause toothache.
Even though there is no enough clinical data to prove side effects of guava, better stick on to moderate quantity of consumption to be on a safer side. Have a safe pregnancy!
Image Credit: ifood.tv/photo