Is It Safe To Eat Mint During Pregnancy?
Mint, the well known mouth and breath freshener and a very popular herb has numerous nutritional, medicinal and culinary benefits. But are they safe for consumption during pregnancy? This blog would provide the details about both its benefits and hazards that might concern you especially during pregnancy. Read on and decide for yourself.
Health Benefits Of Mint-Eating When Pregnant:
- Mint is a good appetizer and promotes digestion. This property of mint is highly beneficial for pregnant women since indigestion is one among the most irritating troubles of pregnancy.
- It soothes stomach and relieves muscular cramps in pregnant women.
- The refreshing and strong aroma of mint is capable of alleviating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
- It helps in relieving congestion of nose, sore throat and many other infections to which expecting mothers are more prone to.
- Peppermint is capable of fighting against morning sickness during pregnancy.
Complications Associated With Mint-Eating In Pregnancy:
- Certain studies have proved that mint is capable of causing heart burn when consumed during pregnancy.
- The spasm relieving effects of mint would relax uterine wall muscles even to a dangerous extent when over-eaten during pregnancy.
Now it is your turn to decide whether you want to consume mint all through your pregnancy. Do remember to keep us posted.
Image Credit: briterwebdesign.com