Is It Safe To Eat Cream Cheese During Pregnancy?
Cream cheeses, the soft and mild-tasting cheeses may be the choice of the majority of cheese lovers. But are they safe to eat during pregnancy? The fat content of these cheeses remains a great concern during this time. Let us learn about some of the facts associated with cream cheese consumption particularly during pregnancy.
Benefits Of Cream Cheese Consumption During Pregnancy:
- Cream cheeses, unlike other unsafe cheeses are made from pasteurized milk which makes it safe to eat when pregnant.
- They are a good source of protein and thereby help in bone and tissue development of the fetus.
- Calcium and phosphorous content of cream cheeses can be trusted highly in preventing decalcification of expecting mom’s bones.
- The carbohydrate content of cream cheeses is in a minimum extent so that eating them during pregnancy would not add on weight to your body.
- They have considerable amount of vitamin A, which would aid in proper vision of your babies’ in their later ages.
Why Cream Cheese Consumption Is Unsafe In Pregnancy:
- Cream cheeses are very rich sources of fat and may cause possible damage to your health during pregnancy by adding on weight and causing related problems.
- This fat content may even cause cardiovascular diseases, gestational diabetes, arthritis problems and even memory loss.
- Some expectant mothers may become sensitive to cream cheese consumption and may even get affected by irritable bowel syndrome.
Cream cheeses are of course delicious, but may also be connected to specific health issues of moms-to-be. So consult your gynecologist before eating it.
Image Credit: free-extras.com