Top 7 Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
This blog concentrates on top 7 foods to eat during pregnancy. These foods are packed with nutrients and they are very healthy to eat. A healthy pregnancy diet plan must include foods which are rich in minerals, protein, carbohydrates and vitamins. It not only supplies nutrients that help your baby to grow, develop healthy bones, organs and cell tissue but research shows that whatever is consumed during pregnancy can affect your baby's risk of developing allergies and even chronic illnesses.
- Green, leafy vegetables- Green, leafy vegetables such as collard greens, swiss chard and spinach are loaded with vitamins A, C, K, folic acid and iron and are good for growing healthy tissue. Leafy greens are also high in magnesium and vitamin B12. Before conception, mothers can add leafy greens to their diet plan to help prevent neural tube defects.
- Sweet Potatoes-Sweet potatoes are a healthier substitute than white potatoes. They contain large amounts of vitamins A and C as well as a good amount of dietary fiber.
- Blueberries-These healthy berries contain vitamin C, manganese and are full of antioxidants. Blueberries are versatile and an easy addition to yogurt, ice cream, and cereal.
- Apples-Apples contain fiber and vitamin C. You might consider eating an apple a day since apples have just been shown to reduce the incidence of asthma in children when mothers ate 4 or more apples each week.
- Nuts-Nuts are a quick protein source to store with you during the day. Eat almonds since they are high in vitamin E and manganese and cashews, which supply magnesium.
- Whole Grains-Eat breads that are high in fiber and enriched with folate or folic acid.
- Cereals- Pick cereals that are low in fat, high in protein and fiber and enriched with folate so as to make sure that you are getting plenty of this mineral to prevent neural tube defects.
image credits : gardenofeaden.blogspot.com