How To Use Bitter Gourd For Skin Care
Bitter gourd is a tropical vegetable of great virtue. Native to Asia and Africa, bitter gourd has long been recognized for its medicinal and curative properties. It is a very potent blood purifier that can benefit in skin conditions like scabies, boils, fungal infections, etc. It is also very useful in treating acne. Bitter gourd contains an insulin-like compound that lowers blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels have been associated with many skin problems including aging and wrinkle formation.
Consume Bitter Gourd for Skin That Glows Forever
While this might not be the most delicious recommendation you were given but consuming bitter gourd regularly can actually solve most of your skin problems. If you can overlook its bitter taste and make it a part of your lifestyle, then your skin shall stay beautiful and youthful forever.
1. You can take about 1 cup of bitter gourd juice with some fresh lime every morning on am empty stomach. This helps in detoxifying body and skin while keeping blood sugar levels in check.
2. Fresh bitter gourd juice also clarifies and cleanses skin from within. The result is a radiant and glowing complexion.
3. Fresh bitter gourd is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis. It helps in keeping the skin taut, supple and smooth while also fighting against infections.
4. Regular consumption of bitter gourd supplies the body with B vitamins. These vitamins are required for rebuilding and repair of skin tissues.
5. Bitter gourd is also an excellent source of minerals like magnesium, manganese, zinc and potassium. These minerals play a very important role in keeping skin healthy and glowing.
6. Regular consumption of bitter gourd also treats digestive disorders like indigestion and constipation. Good digestion is crucial for beautiful skin because it is only through effective digestion that nutrients are assimilated into the body and supplied to the skin.
Therefore, make sure that you never miss out on your daily cup of bitter gourd juice. You can also occasionally prepare some interesting and delicious bitter gourd dish.
Apply Bitter Gourd for Skin That Glows Forever
Topical application of bitter gourd can help in delivering important nutrients directly into the dermal layers. It can also have a soothing and softening effect on skin.
1. You can take some biter gourd juice and add equal quantities of tomato and lime juice to it. Apply the mixture evenly to clean face and neck. Let the mixture remain overnight. In the morning wash off with warm water. Doing this regularly will help remove pigmentation and brown spots.
2. You can take some bitter gourd juice and mix with yogurt. Add beaten egg yolk and mix well. Apply this mixture evenly to face and neck. Keep the mask for about 25-30 minutes and then remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water. This is an excellent anti-aging treatment. You can also add some patchouli essential oil to further boost the anti-aging properties of the mask.
Follow these tips. Your skin shall soon become a subject for odes and legends!
Image courtesy: ifood.tv