How To Use Radish For Skin Care
While radish is not exactly recognized as skin food, it can actually do wonders to your skin. This is because raw radish is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that protect the skin from aging and environment related damage. It is also an excellent detoxifying agent that aids in the removal of waste material from the body which have the potential to manifest on the skin’s surface in the form of numerous skin problems and diseases.
Eat Radish For Skin That Glows From Within
1. Radish is an excellent source of skin friendly Vitamins A and C. These vitamins protect the skin cells from oxidative stress while also salvaging it from the signs of aging. Vitamin C even boosts collagen production in the skin, thus, helping in making the skin more taut and smooth. These vitamins also protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Also, adequate consumption of food items rich in Vitamins A and C can help in lightening complexion from within.
2. Radish contains Vitamin K, folate and choline. These vitamins play a pivotal role in keeping skin cells revitalized and rejuvenated.
3. Raw radish is also an excellent source of important minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and selenium. These minerals support numerous vital functions within the body that also aid in keeping the skin soft and supple.
4. Radish also contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are important for keeping moisturized from within. Adequate consumption of these essential fatty acids also helps in keeping wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
So make sure that you include plenty of radish in your diet. Consume radish juice for internal detoxification or make yourself some radish salad to go with your nutritious meals.
Apply Radish For Skin That Glows Forever
1. Topical application of radish can help in removing freckles, sun spots and pigmentation. Radish even has a slight bleaching effect and can lighten skin with regular use.
2. You can grate some radish and mix with fresh yogurt. Add a little honey and a few drops of bergamot essential oil. Apply the mixture all over face and neck. This is an excellent face mask for bringing a beautiful sheen to the skin.
3. You can also take some radish juice and mix with a few drops of fresh lime juice. Dab a cotton ball in the mixture and apply all over face and neck. Keep the mixture applied until it dries off completely. Wash off with warm water. Do this every day for best results.
4. You can also prepare a rejuvenating face pack by mixing radish juice with beaten egg white and powdered oatmeal. Apply mixture all over face and neck. Keep applied until it dries completely and then remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water. Regular application of this pack will have a polishing and tightening effect on skin. It also helps in deep cleansing of skin.
Follow all these tips. Soon you shall have the skin of your dreams!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org