How To Use Dandelion For Skin Care
Our ancestors have long known dandelion for its medicinal properties. It has been used for treating a slew of diseases and skin conditions. New Age scientific research has further proven the efficacy of dandelion in healing and treating such conditions. It is a true nutritional powerhouse, which contains many important vitamins and minerals. In fact, dandelion is one of the richest sources of Vitamins A, C, and E. This group of vitamins together acts as powerful anti-oxidants. They help in arresting skin cell degeneration while also boosting collagen synthesis and general health of skin. Vitamin E is also responsible for nourishing and hydrating skin from within, promoting radiant appearance of skin.
Consume Dandelion for Skin That Glows From Within
1. Regular consumption of dandelion supplies the body with skin-friendly Vitamin K, folate, and choline. These vitamins play a crucial role in keeping skin replenished and rejuvenated.
2. Dandelion root is known as a very powerful blood purifier. Impurities in the blood have long been related to the manifestation of many skin diseases and conditions. You can buy organic dandelion tea or prepare your own by boiling the roots in water. The roots can easily be sourced at any herbal medicine shop. Regular consumption of this tea might help in eliminating acne and other conditions like psoriasis from the root. However, consume this tea in the morning on an empty stomach and do not eat anything for at least half an hour.
3. Dandelion leaves contain a number of flavonoids. These compounds protect the skin from environmental threats and also help the skin guard against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
4. Fresh dandelion herb contains numerous skin-friendly minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and manganese. These minerals aid the activities of other important nutrients while also helping in maintaining the health and beauty of skin.
Hence, make sure that you include dandelion in your regular diet. You can get creative and prepare some salad and other interesting home-made herbal teas. Your skin shall be grateful not just today but for all those years to come!
Apply Dandelion for Beautiful Skin
1. Topical application of dandelion helps in making skin soft and supple. It also helps in removing acne and blemishes.
2. You can boil dandelion root in some water and apply the liquid to clean face and neck several times a day with a cotton ball. To boost the benefits you can add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to this toner. Regular application will not only help in removing surface bacteria and impurities but will also make skin radiant.
3. You can take a blender container and process some dandelion flowers with fresh yogurt to form a smooth paste. Add some honey and wheat germ essential oil to the mixture. Apply the mask all over clean face and neck. Keep the mask for about 25-30 minutes and then remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water. This is an excellent remedy for excessively dry and aging skin.
Follow all these tips and you should be beautiful for ever and ever!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org