How To Use Cantaloupe For Skin Care
It only makes sense that what goes in our bodies comes out to show on our skin. Cantaloupe is one such super skin food which when goes inside our system and brings about a healthy glow to our skin. What makes melons so virtuous for our skin is the presence of ample vitamins and minerals. In fact, cantaloupes are packed with Vitamins A and C. Vitamin A is well known as an anti-aging nutrient. It helps in countering the degeneration of skin cells while also aiding skin cell renewal. Vitamin C, on the other hand, is essential for skin health. It boosts collagen production which helps in keeping skin smooth, supple and taut.
Consume Cantaloupes for Skin Care
1. All melons are excellent for skin. And cantaloupe definitely wins hands down! This is because it is one of the most nutritious varieties of melon. It contains Vitamins K and E. These vitamins are required for keeping skin healthy and radiant.
2. The high water content of cantaloupe helps in making skin hydrated from within. And we all know hydrated skin equals to glowing skin!
3. Cantaloupe is also a good source of B Vitamins, choline and betaine. These vitamins are required for keeping skin replenished and rejuvenated.
4. Cantaloupe contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. These minerals play a pivotal role in maintaining and boosting skin health.
So go ahead and consume cantaloupes as much as you can. However, try to buy only organic and seasonal produce. Also, do not combine cantaloupe with any other food item. Mixing with any other kind of food causes digestive distress, fermentation and poor absorption of nutrients. However, to keep it interesting you can try preparing it in different ways that are good for your skin and general health.
Apply Cantaloupe for Skin Care
1. Topical application of cantaloupe helps in refreshing and hydrating it. It also brings about a healthy glow to your skin.
2. Combine some fresh cantaloupe with yogurt in a blender jar. Process the ingredients to a smooth consistency. Use this mixture to massage all over face and neck in gentle circular movements. Do this massage for at least 10-15 minutes every day. You can also add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture for increasing benefits.
3. You can also prepare your own cantaloupe face pack by processing some cantaloupe in a blender container. Transfer the pulp to a mixing bowl and add powdered oatmeal along with enough yogurt to form a smooth and thick paste. Also, add a few drops of wheat germ essential oil to the mixture. Apply the pack evenly to clean face and neck. Remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. Apply this pack at least thrice a week for best results.
4. You can also directly apply some cantaloupe juice to your skin and wash off once it dries completely. This will help in softening and hydrating skin.
Follow all these tips and you shall be glowing in all seasons; day and night!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org