How To Use Cayenne For Skin Care
Cayenne pepper has been known for thousands of years as a powerful healer with remarkable medicinal properties. Cayenne contains high amounts Vitamin A and beta carotene. This makes cayenne an excellent anti-aging herb since Vitamin A and beta carotene are known to inhibit skin cell degeneration while also boosting skin cell renewal. Cayenne also contains Vitamin C which is essential for keeping skin smooth, supple and glowing. Vitamin Calso helps in fighting against potential threats and skin infections.
Consume Cayenne for Skin Care
1. Cayenne has always been known for its many medicinal uses and healing capacities in the world of herbal medicine but it is also excellent for skin and hair.
2. Cayenne contains a compound known as capsaicin, which has been known to fight inflammation. Hence, consumption of cayenne can be especially beneficial if you have long been suffering from any inflammatory skin condition.
3. Cayenne is also a good source of B vitamins. B vitamins are some of the most important nutrients for keeping skin healthy. They also help in cellular metabolism and enzymatic function which is ultimately crucial for maintaining the beauty of skin.
4. Cayenne is also a storehouse of skin-friendly minerals like selenium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. These minerals play an all too important role in keeping your skin youthful and radiant from within.
Thus, add cayenne to your regular diet. You can spice up your regular recipes with cayenne and if recommended you can consume it like a medicine. But do not consume it like a medicine without consulting a good naturopath or herbalist.
Apply Cayenne for Skin Care
1. Cayenne can be topically applied to skin for gaining a plethora of benefits. It has anti-bacterial properties and can help in inhibiting growth of harmful bacteria.
2. Cayenne is also good for boosting blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. This helps in removing impurities and toxins from under the skin’s surface. It is these toxic impurities that manifest on the skin in the form of acne, pimples and blemishes. Moreover, increase in blood circulation helps in bringing about an instant glow to the skin.
3. You can prepare your own face mask by combining milk with honey. Add a little powdered ginger root and a pinch of cayenne. Apply this mask evenly to clean face and neck. This pack will help in drawing out toxins from the skin while also helping in deeper penetration of nutrients. But make sure that you do not use this mask on broken, damaged or irritated skin. Also, do a spot test before applying the mask. And, of course, do not get tempted to add anything more than a small pinch of cayenne!
Applying the cayenne face mask regularly will help in keeping skin youthful and rejuvenated. It might also help in fading brown spots and blemishes.
So head to your kitchen and experiment with some cayenne. It shall turn out to be rewarding; both for your body and SKIN!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org