How To Use Figs For Skin Care
Figs are not just healthy and delicious bites but also a superb skin fruit! They are one of nature’s most powerful sources of antioxidants and are packed with Vitamins A, C and E. These anti-oxidant vitamins help in fighting against free radical damage which has been identified as the primary cause behind aging and other degenerative diseases.
Consume figs for Skin Health
1. Regular consumption of figs supplies the body with adequate amounts of Vitamins B and K. These vitamins are essential for maintaining and boosting skin health.
2. Figs are also packed with skin-friendly vitamins like betaine, choline, riboflavin, niacin and folate. These vitamin help in keeping skin replenished and rejuvenated from within.
3. Figs also contain ample Omega 6 fatty acids. Adequate amount of these essential fatty acids is required for keeping skin moisturized and hydrated from within.
4. The high dietary fiber content of figs makes it wonderful for internal detoxification of body and skin. Dietary fiber helps in removing toxins that manifest on the skin’s surface in the form of many skin problems like acne, psoriasis, etc.
5. Figs are also a very rich source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. These minerals have been established as being essential for maintaining the health of skin.
Hence, consume figs regularly. It shall benefit you and your skin in more ways than you can imagine. Also, to keep it interesting, you can try out some interesting fig recipes. Just remember to keep it healthy and nutritious.
Apply Figs For Skin Care
1. Topical application of figs will help in directly delivering important nutrients into the dermal layers. This shall make your skin nourished and replenished from within. It is advisable that you use fresh figs for topical application. But in case, you are not able to get fresh figs, you can soak dried figs and then process in a blender container with the liquid.
2. You can take some fresh figs and process in a blender container with some fresh yogurt to form a somewhat coarse but thick paste. Massage the mixture all over face and neck in gentle circular movements for about 10-15 minutes. Let it remain on the skin for about 5 more minutes and then wash off with warm water.
3. You can also combine the fig paste with some powdered sugar and fresh orange juice to make an excellent scrub. In case your skin is very dry, you can add some olive oil to the mixture. Use this scrub all over face and body not more than once a week. The enzymes present in figs will help in removing dead skin cells while the seeds will aid in mildly polishing the skin.
4. You can also prepare your own fig face pack by mixing fig paste with powdered oatmeal and some dry ginger powder. Add a few drops of bergamot essential oil to the mixture and stir in enough milk to form a smooth and thick paste. Use this pack at least twice a week for best results.
Follow all these tips and get beautiful THE FIG WAY!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org