How To Use Celery For Skin Care
Celery is one of those vegetables that enjoy immense popularity in both the health and skin care industry. Celery is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C and E. This group of vitamins together acts as a potent antioxidant. They help in reversing and protecting against free radical damage. Vitamin A is also an anti-aging nutrient which can help in delaying if not arresting the signs of aging. Vitamin E, on the other hand, is required for keeping skin moisturized and hydrated from within.
Consume Celery For Skin Care
1. Regular consumption of celery can supply your skin with Vitamins B and K. These vitamins are required for maintaining and repairing skin cells. Moreover, the Vitamin C present in celery boosts collagen production, keeping skin smooth and supple.
2. Celery is also packed with choline, betaine, folate and niacin. These vitamins play a vital role in maintaining the beauty and radiance of skin.
3. Fresh celery juice is excellent for detoxification. It helps in removing harmful toxins that cause damage to skin cells ultimately giving rise to skin problems. It also helps in restoring PH balance of the body and skin.
4. You can also go on a one day detoxification program wherein you consume only celery juice throughout the day. However, make sure that you consult with your doctor before going on a juice fast.
5. Celery is also a good source of skin-friendly minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and potassium. These minerals play a pivotal role in keeping skin youthful and glowing.
6. Celery also contains Omega 6 fatty acids that help in maintaining the elasticity and luminosity of skin.
Therefore, make sure you consume ample celery in your regular diet. You can add it raw to your salad or whip up healthy recipes keeping it as the main ingredient. However, try to consume celery juice every day on an empty stomach. The practice is bound to be rewarding for both your body and skin.
Apply Celery For Skin Car
1. Topical application of celery can help in delivering vital nutrients directly into the dermal layers. The nutrients present in celery help in nourishing and hydrating skin from deep within.
2. You can take some celery juice and add a few drops of tea tree and peppermint essential oils to it. Dab a cotton ball and apply all over face and neck. Let the juice remain until completely dry. Wash off with warm water. This will help significantly in treating acne and pimples. Moreover, celery juice helps in removing surface dirt and impurities by clarifying skin deeply.
3. You can make your very own celery face pack by adding celery juice to some powdered oatmeal and orange peel powder. Apply this mixture all over clean face and neck. Keep the mask until completely dry. Remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. Regular application of this pack will help in removing dead skin cells.
Wait no more! Go celery shopping and try out all these suggestions. Your skin will definitely become the talk of the town!
Image courtesy: blogspot.com