How To Use Raspberry For Skin Care
Raspberry is ranked amongst the world’s top ten anti-oxidant rich food items. This high antioxidant content makes it a real boon for skin care. Antioxidants aid in preventing and repairing damage caused by oxidative stress. Moreover, the anthocyanins present in raspberry lend it mild anti-microbial properties; making it excellent for preventing acne and skin infections.
Eat Raspberry for Skin Care
1. Regular consumption of raspberry will supply your skin with high amounts of Vitamin C, which is an acclaimed skin savior. Vitamin C helps in wound healing and in keeping skin taut and supple. It also helps in fighting against free radical damage that cause the signs of aging to appear.
2. Raspberry is also an excellent source of Vitamins A, E and K. These vitamins are required for keeping skin cells healthy. In fact, Vitamin A is also considered an anti-aging Vitamin. Optimal consumption of Vitamins A and K helps in boosting skin cell renewal while also aiding in the repair of damaged cells. Vitamin E, on the other hand, helps in keeping skin moisturized and nourished from within.
3. Moreover, the B Vitamins present in raspberry support the maintenance and repair of damaged skin tissues. They also keep nails and hair healthy.
4. Raspberry also has significant anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it excellent for consumption during acne and other inflammatory skin conditions.
5. Raspberry is rich in minerals like manganese, potassium, iron, copper and magnesium. These minerals have a rejuvenating and revitalizing effect on skin.
Therefore, make sure that you consume raspberry regularly. You can tie your apron strings and get creative with innovative raspberry recipes.
Apply Raspberry for Skin Care
Topical application of raspberry can help in overall skin rejuvenation. It not only helps in removing dead skin cells but also nourishes and replenishes skin tone.
1. You can take a handful of raspberries and combine in a blender with some yogurt.
2. Add a few drops of wheat germ essential oil to the mixture.
3. Apply the mixture evenly to clean face and neck. Keep the mask for about 25-30 minutes and then remove by massaging in gentle circular movements. Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Follow all these tips and beautiful skin shall be yours for ever and ever!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org