How To Use Peppermint For Skin Care
Peppermint is known all over the world for its medicinal properties and these qualities make it an agent excellent for both skin and health in general. Peppermint is packed with Vitamins A, C, niacin and folate. These vitamins have antioxidant properties and protect the skin cells from oxidation related damage caused by free radicals. This antioxidant activity helps in protecting the skin from signs of aging and other environmental ravages.
Consume Peppermint for Beautiful Skin
1. Regular consumption of peppermint supplies the body with skin friendly minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. These minerals play a vital role in keeping skin cells nourished and healthy. They also help in delivering oxygen to the individual skin cells.
2. Peppermint has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It is especially helpful in skin conditions like acne and psoriasis.
3. Peppermint aids in boosting the skin’s immunity against surface bacteria, helping in keeping infection and skin diseases at bay.
4. Regular consumption of peppermint tea also helps in countering stress. Stress has been proven to be a major skin scavenger. Peppermint has a soothing effect on both mind and body. This eventually helps in relaxing the facial muscles and skin. Thus, preventing the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. However, stay away from tea bags that contain caffeine. Buy only organic and herbal peppermint tea bags for maximum health and skin benefits.
You will realize all these benefits and many more once you incorporate peppermint into your diet and lifestyle. Make sure that you drink several cups of herbal peppermint tea throughout the day. Apart from that, you can also get experimental from time to time and try your hand at some peppermint salad or ice cream. Let there be no limits to your creativity! Get experimental and get the maximum skin benefits. But remember to always keep it healthy and nutritious!
Apply Peppermint For Skin Care
Topical application of peppermint is very useful in an array of skin conditions and problems.
1. Peppermint essential oil is very useful in acne and skin infections, including fungal infections. You can add peppermint essential oil to your regular creams and lotions. Also, you can add a few drops of it to your face packs, masks and toners.
2. You can blend together a handful of peppermint leaves with fresh yogurt. Process to form a very smooth paste. Add a few drops of peppermint and tea tree essential oils to the mixture and apply to clean face and neck. Keep for about 25-30 minutes and then start massaging in gentle circular movements. Do the massage for at least 10 minutes. Try to do this every day. It will not only help in significantly treating and protecting against acne but will also remove blemishes and pigmentation.
3. You can boil a handful of peppermint leaves with some water. Let the quantity reduce to half and then set aside to cool completely. Strain and store in an airtight bottle. Add a few drops of peppermint and sandalwood essential oils to this liquid and use it as a toner all over face and neck.
Wait no more! Go peppermint shopping and follow all these suggestions. Another Trojan War might be fought over your skin!
Image courtesy: wikicommons.org