How To Use Mustard For Skin Care
Mustard is a popular condiment in the food industry but it is also a readily used item for skin care. Mustard has long been known to improve skin tone and enhance complexion. Moreover, the nutrients present in mustard nourish and hydrate skin from within.
Consume Mustard For Effective Skin Care
Internal consumption of mustard will help your skin in more than one way:
1. Regular consumption of mustard ensures that your body receive ample omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are required for maintaining skin elasticity and smoothness. They also help in delivering oxygen to skin cells.
2. The proteins present in mustard help in boosting skin cell renewal, while also maintaining healthy skin cells.
3. Mustard is an excellent source of skin-friendly minerals like selenium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. These minerals are required for maintenance and repair of skin tissues.
4. Scientific research has proven that mustard has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it is highly recommended that you consume mustard when suffering from inflammatory skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, etc.
Therefore, cook in mustard oil, use home-made mustard sauce for dressing your salad or simply add some mustard seeds to your regular recipes.
Topical Application of Mustard for Skin Care
Apply Mustard Oil
1. Give yourself a full body massage every morning with mustard oil. This will help in stimulating lymphatic drainage while also improving blood circulation.
2. Mustard oil massage will help in soothing and nourishing skin. This would eventually bring about a radiant glow to your complexion.
However, make sure that you only choose organic cold-pressed mustard oil for both massaging and consuming internally. The refined oils might be available at a lower price but they are packed with chemicals and impurities. Also, most of the nutritional properties of mustard are lost during such extensive extraction processes.
Apply Mustard Seeds
1. You can take a blender container and combine mustard seeds with milk in it. Process to form a smooth and thick paste.
2. Massage this mixture all over face and body until it begins to flake off.
3. Doing this massage at least once a week will help in softening and nourishing skin.
Follow all these tips and beautiful skin shall be yours for ever and ever!
Image courtesy: blogspot.com