Tomato For Skin Care
Do you know how to use tomato for skin care? Tomatoes are staple in every kitchen but very few of us are aware of its skin benefits. Read here to learn tomato tips for your daily skin care. Also take a look at tomato nutrients to know the secret behind its amazing skin friendliness.
Tomato nutrition: what makes it skin friendly
Tomatoes are packed with minerals and vitamins and these nutritional components are the source of its health benefits. Mineral content of tomato includes Potassium, Phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc etc. Tomatoes contains multiple vitamins like Vitamin A, B1 [thiamine], B2, B6, Niacin, folate, Vitamin C, E, K, and Pantothenic Acid.
Tomato Skin Care benefits
- Tomato is natural bleach hence can be used for removing suntan and dark spots, discoloration on skin.
- Vitamin A content of tomato promotes cell rejuvenation hence repairs scars, promotes skin exfoliation etc.
- Tomato contains load of vitamin C, which promotes its free radical scavenging power; lycopene, the super antioxidant is identified with its potential antioxidant quality.
- Tomato is acidic in nature and tomato extract can clean clogged pores. Tomato juice has good cleansing qualities.
Skin care remedies with tomato
- Use tomato juice on skin for instant whitening. You may add 2-4 drops of lemon juice in tomato juice before applying on face.
- You can use tomato and honey juice mix on neck and face. Wash off the mix after 15 minutes from and enjoy the difference on skin radiance. Instead of lemon juice you may use yogurt also.
- People suffering from oily skin, blackheads, and open pores may rub a tomato slice on face and neck. Leave the raw juice on skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Mix raw tomato juice with buttermilk. Apply the mix on skin and keep it for 15-20 minutes. It is a skin friendly home remedy for treatment of sunburn.
- Mix milk and tomato juice together in 1:1 proportion. It works as herbal cleanser cum toner. Store the mix in refrigerator and use it regularly on skin. Retain the mix on face for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- People with tomato allergy must not use tomato for skin care remedies.
- Those who have allergy with potassium, should avoid using tomato juice or tomato pulp on skin.
Now you know how to use tomato for skin care. Although tomatoes are available around the year, you can store tomato juice in refrigerator for instant availability. You can use tomato juice in the form of frozen cube also to treat large skin pores. Result will be amazing.
Image credit: ifood.tv