Orange Oil For Hair Care
Oiling your hair for improving its health has been a routine followed since ages, the only difference is that these days the number of options available even in terms of hair care are unlimited. The use of natural ingredients is without doubt the safest way to smooth, black lustrous locks. Interested to know more about one such potent ingredient - read on.
One cannot ignore orange - a delightfully citrus fruit. You may have used it on umpteen culinary missions but did you know that using orange oil for hair care can be quite nourishing. The vitamin-C rich orange oil, on hair, gives a nutritive essence to the hair-follicles from the roots but that is not all. The oil does a lot more for the hair –
Benefits of Orange Oil on Hair
• As mentioned, the oil is rich in Vitamin C, which is easily absorbable. Additionally, it dilates the blood capillaries. So, using the orange oil in hair massage treatment helps to enhance blood circulation. This means that there is better nourishment for the hair follicles, which in turn helps to promote hair growth.
• Orange oil works from within and this is one reason it is used in aromatherapies. Its fragrance has a soothing effect on the mind and can bust stress. Therefore using orange oil on the hair has a stabilizing effect on the nervous system, which in turn brings out calming effects on the mind, the body and all the other organs. Thus, the scalp also receives an enriching experience.
• Another vital benefit of orange oil for hair care is that it has pest-exterminating properties. So for lice-ridden hair, hair-care treatment with orange oil is extremely beneficial.
• A vital attribute of orange oil is that it easily blends with other essential oils and also retains the attributes of the individual oils blended with it. This way the less fragrant oils can be mixed with orange oil for a better outcome.
Now that you know the benefits of orange oil for hair care, here are a few tips to use it.
• Take a liberal amount of orange essential oil (almost 10 drops) and mix it with a carrier oil such as olive oil.
• Massage the oil mixture into your scalp using your fingertips. Wrap your head with a warm head towel or cover it with a shower cap
• Leave it for minimum 40 – 60 minutes.
• Rinse your hair with a shampoo.
It is important to remember that orange oil is sensitive to light and the exposed area can darken if immediately exposed to sunlight. So avoid exposure to the sun after an orange oil hair treatment.
Other Blogs You May Like To Read:
Image Courtesy: hennablogspot