Cinnamon Oil For Hair Care
My hair always flouted the careworn look making me cry out in despair as the tresses seemed beyond repair till I discovered the benefits of cinnamon oil for hair.
Cinnamon is a popular spice used across different continents and is associated with a high medicinal value. What proved to be a revelation was the cosmetic attributes of the “woody bark”, which I am going to share with you.
Benefits of cinnamon oil on the hair
Cinnamon is widely used for its immense health benefits, and has had a mention in the ancient medical texts of India.
Apart from being a blood purifier, an arthritic pain-reliever and holding a potential cure for type2 diabetes; cinnamon oil is beneficial for hair growth as well. Let us see how:
• Cinnamon oil because of its refreshing aroma as well is used in aromatherapies. And, using it as an essential oil for hair –massage helps to improve blood circulation in the scalp. Improved blood circulation stimulates the hair follicles, which is why cinnamon oil on the hair improves hair growth.
• Cinnamon oil is naturally endowed with antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. So, while using cinnamon oil for the hair, the scalp gets the benefit of these attributes thus keeping fungal or bacterial infections. Such microbial activity can inhibit hair-growth.
• Cinnamon oil’s antimicrobial properties also come to the fore in fighting against dandruff. Dandruff can erupt due to infections (especially fungal) or lack of maintenance of the scalp. Massaging cinnamon oil on the hair can also help to keep the scalp clean as the oil is popular for its antiseptic properties.
• Cinnamon oil also stimulates hair growth when the oil is applied in the temples, the nape of the neck, or the crown of the head. Rubbing cinnamon oil in these regions helps to channel blood circulation to the scalp region and enhance hair growth.
• Hair-dryness or brittleness is the prime focus-area of cinnamon oil as the oil is very effective in theses problem areas.
With the above-mentioned benefits of cinnamon oil for hair, here are a few tips to use it use it for hair care.
Treatment plan with cinnamon oil for hair
• Mix a couple of drops of cinnamon oil with olive oil and massage the scalp with your fingertips.
• Allow it to stay for 30 minutes or so.
• Rinse your hair with a shampoo.
However, it is important to keep in mind that the cinnamon oil should not be used in concentrated form as it is very strong and can cause skin allergy. You should do a patch test with just a couple of drops of cinnamon oil on the skin and look out for any reaction. Additionally, it is best to consult a medical practitioner before using cinnamon oil for hair.
Well, you definitely can take the “spice-n-silk” route with the benefits of cinnamon oil for hair, as I took this road less-traveled and made a healthful discovery.
Photo courtesy : igotstyleandimfab.blogspot.com