Five Tips For Cavity Free Teeth
Everybody wants to have cavity free teeth. Healthy teeth mean no scary visits to the dentists and no painful tooth treatments. But to have cavity free teeth takes dedicated attention to dental hygiene. And this habit should start from when you are young. If you are a parent ensure that good dental care habits are inculcated in your child from early childhood. Here are a few basic tips to ensure cavity free teeth.
- Brush your teeth twice daily. You need to brush your teeth early in the morning and before going to bed in the night. And pay equal attention to clean the teeth both the times. This is the best care that you can give to your teeth. Also, make sure you brush your teeth every time you have something sweet.
- Daily flossing is an absolute must to have cavity free teeth; flossing once a day helps remove the food particles that cannot be reached and removed with your toothbrush.
- Visit your dentist every six months for a dental check-up. Dentists will be able to detect any hidden cavities in the mouth. A thorough clean up of the mouth every six months is an absolute must. This will reduce plaque formation in the mouth. Have dental sealant placed. Dental sealants are protective coatings that are applied to the teeth to protect it from getting cavities. Dental sealant are helpful for both children and adults.
- Watching what you eat is equally important for healthy teeth. Eat fiber-rich food which massage and clean the teeth and gums. Eat a lot of raw vegetables and fruits too. Processed food might have sugar content in it that would help the bacteria in the mouth. Also, after eating citrus fruits, juices or milk, rinse your mouth well. Acids in the citrus fruits weaken enamel. High protein foods too are good for teeth.
- Use mouth-rinses that are anti-bacterial. Rinsing your mouth with these mouth-rinses will help prevent cavities. Mouth-rinses are available off the shelf and the mouth needs to be rinsed with these every time you brush and floss your mouth.
- Chewing sugar-less gum is proved to help prevent cavities. It actually helps to increase the flow of saliva in the mouth that can kill the bacteria inside. Chewing gums can ensure cavity free teeth to an extent.
Follow these tips carefully for beautiful, shining and cavity free teeth. More importantly, eat healthy and avoid excess sweets. Teach your child to follow dental friendly habits from the very childhood. Building strong gums from the childhood is important to have strong teeth lifelong.
Image Credit: teadome.com