Top 5 Natural Remedies For Oily Skin
Oily skin woes? Read more to find out the causes and practical solutions to take care of this skin type.
Many advertisements in television show women being troubled of oily skin. Oily skin is caused due to sebaceous glands that produce the excessive oil or sebum because of overstimulation.
This type of skin is more prone to pimples and other eruptions. The oily skin does not look good at times as it appears to be dull and greasy. Though many TV advertisements claim that their products get rid of this condition, the harmful chemicals present in them can make the skin worse after prolonged use.
To get rid of oil in the skin, one can make use of the best natural remedy easily available at home.
If you are not aware of any, I will share some remedies with you and you can select the best natural remedy for yourself.
- Oats and witch hazel scrub- Mix two spoons of oats with witch hazel to form it into a thick paste. Now apply the mixture onto your skin and scrub it well. Wash it with warm water after a minute. You will notice change in your skin after doing it continuously for few days.
- Use yogurt or milk- Yogurt and milk make the best natural remedy to get rid of oily skin. These dairy products contain lactic acid which cleanses the skin and removes the excess oil. Just rub either yogurt or milk on your skin for few minutes and get rid of the extra oil content.
- Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar is also effective and best natural remedy for oily skin. Since, the vinegar is made of fruit; it is safe to apply it on face also. The acetic oil content in the vinegar washes away the excess oil. You can apply it on your face with a cotton ball and leave it for sometimes. After rinsing,you will not have greasy skin.
- Sage and Thyme- The antiseptic properties of sage and thyme make them the best natural remedy for greasy skin. ¼ teaspoon of dried sage and thyme mixed with a tablespoon of buttermilk will do wonders on your skin. But before application, keep the paste overnight in the fridge; doing this will give better results.
- Rosewater and glycerin- Rose water and glycerin, when applied will not only help you get rid of oily skin but will also make your skin fresh and healthy. Mix glycerin with rose water and apply on your oily skin regularly. You will see the results yourself.
Try these helpful remedies and say goodbye to the extra greasiness of your skin.
Image credit- makeupandbeauty.com