Top 10 Foods To Prevent Dry Winter Skin
Top 10 Foods to Prevent Dry Winter Skin
When it comes to finding ways or foods that prevent dry skin in winter, we all look for any and every kind of answers. Before the cosmetic sessions with tons of creams, here are some foods to prevent dry winter skin. They say you are what you eat, and it is true, if your diet is incomplete without these foods that prevent dry skin in winter, then only incomplete portions of your skin will be hydrated.
To know about foods that prevent dry winter skin , we have to first understand what causes this dryness. When there is lack of any of the following elements, our skin may become patchy, dry, flaky or even develop wrinkles. These essentials are Collagen, Elastin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12,Vitamin C ,Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Minerals.
To introduce you to the foods that prevent dry skin in winter, I will try and relate the essentials with the type of food, Read on!
- Green tea- It is a rich source of Collagen and Elastin, which helps the skin to be supple and fresh. This tea, twice a day, can keep those free radicals at bay, since it has rich oxidant properties.
- Egg Yolks, Blue fish- One of the healthiest foods to prevent Dry skin, these are a rich source of Vitamin A which is essential for skin growth and regeneration. It can be a yummy part of your desserts.
- Avocados - Foods that prevent dry skin in winters have to include those with Vitamin E; it is the magic potion that has helped many a women to glow all year long! Vitamin E is found in abundance in avocados, along with Glutathione, a nutrient that keeps premature aging at bay. Try these recipes to incorporate it.
- Orange Fruits- Winters is the time when all the fruits and veggies are in full bloom. And out of these many fruits all the orange ones, like pumpkins, carrots, oranges and apricots are foods to prevent dry skin.
- Blueberries- When the USDA conducted a research to find the best fruit which was laden with Vitamins, this yummy berry won hands down. It is one the yummiest foods to prevent Dry skin, as it is a wonderful source of Vitamin A and E.
- Tomatoes- Canned or fresh, there cannot be a better food to provide Vitamin C, Collagen and Lycopene all in one fruit! It provides that natural ‘botox’ to the body and protects the skin from UV rays also.
- Fish and Walnuts- The best foods to prevent dry skin are the ones that help to hydrate the skin, delay deep wrinkles and of course aid in skin repair. The omega-3 fatty acids present in Fish, do just this. And with a daily dose of walnuts and nuts, you will get a dose of Linoleic acid, which helps in skin repair.
- Olive Oil- This is the one oil that I have made my best kitchen-mate! It is high in mono-saturated fats and works full time to maintain the skin membrane and keeps it glowing
Apart from trying out these foods to prevent dry skin, it is really really important that you increase your consumption of water too. Remember you might not feel all that thirsty as in summers, but good hydration leads to a glowing skin!